What Quinn's are doing?
Quinn’s have plans to construct ‘Highsted Park’ (www.highstedpark.co.uk), a vast development project, which is not included in the new Local Plan but does not prevent Quinn’s submitting a speculative planning application to Swale Borough Council.
Plans change over time, but none more so than the proposed Highsted Park scheme for thousands of new houses, expanded Kent Science Park and a new motorway junction and link road.
In the current version of the plan the housing numbers are back up to 9,250 following a period where they had been reduced, but the notable change is in the location of the housing and a bid to merge Bapchild, Teynham and Rodmersham.
- Creation of ‘Highsted Park’ and ‘Oakwood Valley’ housing developments
- 9,250 homes, including 1,850 ‘affordable’ properties
- A 'privately-funded' Junction 5a on the M2
- Creation of a Southern Relief Road intersecting villages
- Completion of the Northern Relief Road
- 4 new primary schools and 1 new secondary school (subject to demand *)
- New major primary care facilities (subject to demand *)
- 520 acres of new publicly accessible parks and amenities
- Sports hubs and a new home for Sittingbourne Football Club
The webinars were recorded and can be viewed at: www.highstedpark.co.uk/webinar
* No agreement has been reached with the relevant parties which would guarantee delivery.
Swale Borough Local Plan Review Consultation
Your chance to comment on the review of Swale's Local Plan, you have until 5pm on Friday 30 April 2021.
The review of the existing Local Plan Bearing Fruits will help guide the development of the borough until 2038 and, if adopted, will set the basis for future planning decisions.
The local plan creates a blueprint for when and where major developments can take place, and where they shouldn’t.
You can find out more and how to
How can you help?
There are going to be lots of ways in which you may help us, but first of all, we need you to sign-up below so that we may contact you when any important updates occur or when you need to take some action